Happy #tastythursday! Today I wanted to highlight one of my all-time favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes from Modern Honey. Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups & 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 c milk chocolate chunks
- 3/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a 10 or 12 inch cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat, stirring often until it starts to bubble and is completely melted. Turn heat to low and add sugar and brown sugar, stirring well. Keep stirring until smooth and glossy.
- Chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and add eggs and vanilla. Stir well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in chocolate and stir to combine.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 24-30 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown. The inside will still be slightly gooey and that’s perfect!
- Top with vanilla ice cream and eat warm.