Happy #tastythursday! Today, I wanted to highlight my favorite dessert guru, Chocolate Covered Katie. She has been named the Queen of Healthy Desserts by Glamour Magazine for her delicious yet healthy sweet creations.
One of my favorite recipes is her favorite black bean brownies! It sounds weird at first, but trust me when I say they are absolutely amazing! Enjoy!
Servings: 9-12 brownies
- 1 15-oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup – 2/3 cup chocolate chips, depending on taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Cook the black bean brownies 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut. If they still look a bit undercooked, you can place them in the fridge overnight and they will firm up.