Just 10%. That doesn’t sound like that much. Eating just 10% of a pizza is less than 1 slice and I know we all can eat more than that! In the same way, losing 10% of your body weight, if you are overweight, isn’t that hard. Not only that, but scientists have discovered losing 10% of your body weight can have significant effects on your overall health head to toe.
According to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, losing 5-10% of your body weight in 6 months allows you to decrease:
- “Bad” cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Blood pressure
- Development of cardiovascular disease, congestive heart failure, and atherosclerosis, and abnormal heart rhythms
- Chance of having a heart attack or stroke
- Blood sugar levels
- Risk of developing type 2 diabetes, by normalizing sugar regulation and insulin levels
- Development of gallbladder, prostate, kidney, breast, and colon cancer
- Waist Measurements
Losing just 10% of your weight will allow you to increase your energy, motivation, and confidence. It has once been said that, “success builds success.”
By learning how to lose weight in a healthy manner, you will be able to develop new healthy habits, such as exercising, eating more fruits and vegetables, and cooking healthy meals.