Happy #tastythursday! In the spirit of winter, I wanted to make a healthy, yet still delicious take on a classic chili recipe. Enjoy!
Hearty Turkey Chili with Vegetables
- 1 ground lean ground turkey
- 1 (15.5 oz) can of no salt added beans: red kidney beans, white kidney beans, chickpeas, or black beans
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of no salt added diced tomatoes
- 3-5 diced vegetables of choice: 1 medium onion; 2 medium carrots; 3 cloves garlic; 1 medium zucchini; 1 medium bell pepper; 4 jalapeño peppers; 2 cups of corn
- 1 Tbsp canola, olive, or vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- chili powder, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ground cumin, to taste
- Rinse, peel (if necessary), remove core & seeds (if a pepper), and dice vegetables.
- Using a colander, drain & rinse beans.
- In a large skillet or pot, add oil and turkey. Cook over medium-high heat until turkey is browned.
- Add vegetables to the skillet/pot and cook about 5 minutes until vegetables are throughly cooked.
- Add beans and seasonings to skillet/pot reducing heat to medium and cooking until all flavors are blended, about 15 minutes.