Happy #tastythursday! Use this recipe as a template in order to create your delicious masterpiece. All I ask is that you avoid the salt shaker to help lower your sodium. Bon appétit!
Delicious Flatbread Pizza Your Way
- 1 Flatout© soft 100% whole wheat flatbread
- 3/4 C shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- Choice your toppings: tomatoes (cherry or sliced whole); sliced jalapeño peppers; diced bell pepper; precooked, diced, OR sliced chicken breast; precooked, broken up turkey bacon; halved button mushrooms; yellow, red, OR white onion (diced or sliced); precooked, crumbled, OR sliced turkey sausage; pineapple chunks without juice; spinach leaves; blue cheese crumbles; turkey bacon pieces
- garlic powder, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- parsley, to taste
- basil, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place flatbread on sheet and put in oven, while still preheating, for 3 minutes.
- Remove flatbread from oven and flip, so the side that was against the cookie sheet is now facing up.
- Top flatbread with 1/2 C mozzarella cheese followed by tomatoes and toppings of choice. Make sure the toppings are spread out evenly across the flatbread.
- Add 1/4 C mozzarella cheese over toppings. Sprinkle garlic powder, oregano, basil, parsley, black pepper, and parmesan cheese on top.
- Cook in preheated oven for 4 minutes or until cheese on top starts to melt.
- Cut into slices and enjoy!